Island Rhythm Innovator (Cabo Verde)
5 on stage, 6 on the road. Based in Lisbon*
Highlights: WOMAD LP, De Doelen Rotterdam, VPRO LIVE TV and Russia
You’ve probably seen Miroca performing with Cesaria Evora (for 11 years), or excelling alongside international artists ea Sara Tavares, fadista Cuca Roseta, Nancy Veira and his uncle Tito Paris.
While Miroca Paris is known as a virtuoso percussionist and drummer, on his new album D’Alma (Nov ’17) he returns to playing guitar – like he used to – growing up in the Cape Verde Islands with his toes in the sand. Drawing on his vast rhythmic knowledge, he’s created his own unique guitar playing technique, forward driving, playful, surprising and fresh. D’ALMA Tour 2017 started with a bang at WOMAD!
Johannes Theurer – WDR & WMCE: “Ps. I love this music!”
New album D’ALMA released 1 Nov 2017
– March ’18 #13 World Music Charts Europe
– Jan ’18 Top 40 Transglobal Music Charts
Played on ea. German, Dutch, CV, Greek, Polish, Belgian, Spanish, Luxembourg and Australian radio.
‘Album of the Week’ on Portuguese national radio RDP Africa
GREAT FOR BOTH:
Outdoor festivals, clubs with standing (dancing) audience
Performing arts centers, seated venues (incl. piano)
- Live on RTVE Spain, festival WOMAD ‘Felicidad’ & ‘Bo’, ‘Nha Simpronia’
- Dutch National TV VPRO LIVE: ‘Nha Simpronia’, TV session ‘Joana Joaninha‘
- Live at performing arts center De Doelen Rotterdam ‘Funana Medley’
- Video ‘Joana Joaninha’ and ‘Mund Amor’ on hot rotation on RTP Africa
- Raving reviews of live shows and CD
Distribution Benelux: Xango Music, Portugal: Compact Records